AutoDirector forum

The AutoDirector support and advice forum

got the "please call", but now need kms instead of mi.

Page: 1

Author Post
please look at the subject header.

:)
Administrator
THIS POST IS FOR v1.7 AND BELOW - read on for v1.8 information!

By default, AutoDirector 1.x uses miles. An easy way around this is to change client/carlist.js line 164 to:

template=template.replace(/\[mileage\]/gi, this.mileage.format(0)+" KMs");

You may also want to do a search within that file if you want other references changed too, but be careful not to change variable names or code.

Note that the AutoDirector control panel will still show "miles". Don't click the KM option and simply enter the value as miles. The showroom will be fine.
« Last edit by Craig on Wed 10 September, 2008 14:18. »
terrific! thanks!
now is there anyway to show in the vehicle administration page whether or not a car has photos with it? it's a real pain to have to click each car to see if i uploaded pics to it.
Administrator
Great suggestion. I'll see what we can do in the next version.
I may be missing something (sorry if posted somewhere else) but why if you select KM would it convert it to Miles. If you selected to the option to use KMs shouldn't everything be in KMs? (I'm in Canada and it's KMs so don't need anything in Miles)

(wouldn't that be like you wanted $ but everything is converted to pounds even though you selected $)
I didn't see that line that should be changed. In the carlist.js I have (version 1.8 demo) that lines is one long Set run="..." It does have a reference to "mileage" but its about a class.

I want to be able to enter KMs and not converted and have it displayed as KMs. How can I do that?

(as a suggestion could the site setup have a setting for setting the default mileage units, like the currency, instead of changing it for every vehicle).
Administrator
Hi Sevans,

OK - I admit it - AutoDirector was originally written with absolutely no localisation in mind! It evolved from a UK-only system (primarily for car imports) and some of the locale workarounds are a little awkward.

What it should do is understand that a Canadian showroom requires KMs and show that accordingly (perhaps converting from miles if necessary). We hope to offer this level of functionality in v2.0 but, for the moment, only UK and US dealers get the right system.

However, you can set it up for Canada or any other country. In the control panel, enter the figure as 'miles' (not KM, or it'll multiply it my 1.6).

You now need to edit carlist.js. This is slightly easier in v1.8, since you can just edit the 'mileage' and 'mileageunit' values accordingly (lines 12 and 13)...

mileage: "distance:",
mileageunit: "KMs",

See this post for more details...

I hope that helps!
Craig
« Last edit by Craig on Wed 10 September, 2008 14:23. »
Perfect. Thank you very much.

Very helpful.

Page: 1