AutoDirector forum

The AutoDirector support and advice forum

Displaying full webpage instead of single vehicle

Page: 1

Author Post
Hi
I am having an issue attempting to display a single vehicle. It displays the entire webpage, as if the code (CID=number) after .html in the url is being ignored.
« Last edit by bochaka on Thu 4 August, 2011 15:52. »
Administrator
Do you mean it displays the full showroom?
Please could you publish a URL so we can see what you mean.
Here is the link:
http://www.mitsubishipartsnewandusedireland.ie/
It is on the right side, as you will see it is trying to show the entire webpage and not just the vehicle.
Administrator
You are using an iframe which is pointing to a URL and passing the AutoDirector cid parameter. However, that page also has a showroom within an iframe - it's a separate page and the parameter won't get passed.

Rather than using http://www.mitsubishipartsnewandusedireland.ie/parts-vehicles?cid=6
you should be using http://www.mitsubishipartsnewandusedireland.ie/direct.html?cid=6
Hi Craig.
Yep that sorted that, just one minor problem. When I click to go back to show room, it displays the showroom ONLY. Not the showroom in the rest of the joomla site. I need it to goback to http://www.mitsubishipartsnewandusedireland.ie/parts-vehicles so that clients have the option to do other things on the site. Check it out for yourself. I had a look for where i could edit the url for returning to the showroom but cannot see it.
Administrator
I think there's some confusion here. You cannot have your main showroom in a IFRAME if you want to pass parameters to the page (unless you code it using JavaScript or server-side scripting to forward those values).

If your parts-vehicles page does not show AutoDirector in an IFRAME, you can link to it with parts-vehicles?cid=6.
Hi
I made some changes and the main page now displays (no longer in an iframe) , but i cannot get the clickable single images to work that are on the front page. Can you please look at this for me, its the same url as above.
Administrator
The main problem is that you're linking to "/dismantled-vehicles.html" when the actual showroom page is "/dismantled-vehicles". However, I also think one of the scripts on your page is still conflicting or causing a problem.

While we always help where we can, we cannot provide free web page debugging assistance unless the problem is directly caused by AutoDirector. Your showroom works as expected outside your template. We can offer web site building and support, but it is charged on an hourly basis.
Hi
Can you please advise me on approximate cost, for assistance in resolving this issue via email or pm
Hi Craig
Can u email me re debugging cost etc
Administrator
An email was sent a few days ago - you registered on this forum with a GMail address.
Please email me if you'd prefer the information sent elsewhere.
Ak, You were in the junk. Sorted now I have sent reply.
Hi
I want to try one other thing, in a post somewhere in the forum there was a security mod that i followed by moving 2 files from autodirector to other locations. I cannot remember where or what they where, but I suspect there are now duplicate copies of these files after I upgraded to 1.9. Can you point me to the post so i can replace the older files with 1.9 version files from autodirector directory.
« Last edit by bochaka on Wed 17 August, 2011 1:30. »
Administrator
I'm not sure what that could be? If you can't remember what you did and AutoDirector's not functioning, I'd recommend downloading the installer files again. It won't matter if duplicates are elsewhere.

Page: 1