AutoDirector forum

The AutoDirector support and advice forum

Showroom Displays Only ON FIRST viewing

Page: 1

Author Post
Hi
My showroom only displays on the first visit to the showroom page. If I leave the page and go to another and then return to my showroompage, it is blank.
This is happening in all browsers on several pc`s.
Here is a link to the site http://www.mitsubishipartsnewandusedireland.ie
IE8 is showing a warning notification in when I click on the warning icon.
Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB7.1; chromeframe/12.0.742.122; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; AskTB5.6; msn OptimizedIE8;ENIE)
Timestamp: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 02:00:17 UTC

Line: 147
Char: 28851
Code: 0
URI: http://www.mitsubishipartsnewandusedireland.ie/autodir/carlist.php?site=example&style=blue

I had copied the code for the blue style exactly into my webpage, several times and it appears correct when i view it in joomla.
Any ideas.
« Last edit by bochaka on Tue 26 July, 2011 2:02. »
Administrator
I don't think the error is being caused by AutoDirector - your showroom works without problems in a page I constructed. The two most-likely possibilities:

1. Try using a modern doctype rather than "Transitional". See #6 of the troubleshooting guide.

2. Another script is conflicting with AutoDirector and preventing it from running. You have several scripts in the page which do not appear to be used. Try removing them.

I hope that helps. Please let us know if you find the solution.
Hi Craig,
As a workaround I am using a wrapper selected from the main menu in joomla. I tried the suggestions you mentioned above, but with no luck. I will let you know if I solve it.
I tried switching to a different template with no other scripts in them but it still failed to work. Could it be the GA code in the autodirector carlist.js that joomla is habing an issue with. Just a thought.
« Last edit by bochaka on Tue 26 July, 2011 10:51. »
Hi Craig
The issues appears to be with the rokbox plugins by rockettheme. As if i disable them the problem appears resolved.
Hhi, It wasnt the rok box, it worked for a while and the fell over again. Will get back to you when i sort it.
Administrator
If it worked for a while then stopped, either something was changed or you're viewing a cached version. Try Ctrl+F5 or empty the browser cache.
Hi Craig.
An odd one this. I had to totally remove autodirector and re-install. Then I renamed carlist.js on server and uploaded via FTP a moded carslisr.js. And the probem returned. I deleted the mod file and renamed the original. Cleared the cache, but the problem remained. I performed a re-install but this time i made the mod to the file using my hosting cpanel editor, and it worked. I checked my ftp software settings and they were set correctly, so it maybe a ftp issue with the software Filezilla or the version i am running. When in doubt cpanel it.
Administrator
Hi,

That's bizarre. It sounds as though a folder didn't have appropriate rights but I've never heard of that specific issue. Perhaps there was an issue with the web server and ownership of specific files?

Glad you've fixed it, though.
Hi Craig
The issue was with the mootools.js. I added a simple php script to my templates index.html file, this prevents the mootools.js code being injected into the template. I tried autodirector with 9 different templates on different web servers, and the results showed that any joomla template that installs mootools will cause autodirector to malfunction. This applies to most the Rocket Theme templates too. I dont want to post the code here as mootools can be a necessary evil, but drop me an email if you want me to send it to you for further investigation.
Administrator
That's strange. AutoDirector and mootools.js use techniques to prevent code conflicts. I'll take a look to see if we can identify the issue.

Thanks for letting me know.

Page: 1