AutoDirector forum

The AutoDirector support and advice forum

Google Analytics integration

Page: 1

Author Post
Administrator
If you use Google Analytics (who doesn't?!), AutoDirector v1.9 will add further statistics to your reports such as filtering, searches, vehicle views and enquiries. You don't need to do anything special: AutoDirector will send data if the Analytics script is included on your page.

Analytics reports
To view the AutoDirector data, log on to Google Analytics, then click "Content" followed by "Event Tracking".

AutoDirector configuration
The default settings should be adequate for most English speakers. However, you can configure the Analytics settings in lines 95 to 105 of client/carlist.js. The main settings are:

category: "AutoDirector",

The event category, e.g. AutoDirector or showroom.

search: "Search"

The name of the event when search or filters are used.

vehicle: "View vehicle",

The name of the event when a vehicle is viewed.

enquiry: "Send enquiry"

The name of the event when a vehicle enquiry is made.

vehicledetails: "[newcar] [year] [colour] [model], [price]"

The details shown when a vehicle is viewed or an enquiry is made.

Note that AutoDirector sets the event value to the cost of the vehicle. It's therefore easy to view the value of all enquiries.
Hi,

I have checked my analytics and this feature is definitely not working. The analytics code appears in the page. Do I have to put it somewhere specific?

Any Ideas? as this a bit frustrating.

Many Thanks
Administrator
Hi Kinger. Has the Google Analytics script been added to the page where your AutoDirector showroom appears? Are views of that page being tracked?
Hi thanks for you reply,

Yes the car search page is being tracked, but there's no event tracking. I haven't done anything to set this up, I'm presuming that I shouldn't need to. You'll have to excuse me but I am new to analytics

Many Thanks

Mark.
Administrator
If Analytics is working, you shouldn't need to configure AutoDirector. Note that you will require v1.9 and it can take 24 hours for statistics to appear in reports.

In Analytics, choose Content, followed by Event Tracking. You should see two events: "View vehicle" and "Search" - click either to discover how visitors are interacting with your showroom.

I hope that helps.

Page: 1