AutoDirector forum

The AutoDirector support and advice forum

says the database doesnt exist

Page: 1

Author Post
Connecting to database "andr6873_autodirectordb" on "localhost" ... FAILED. Aborting setup.

Please check that the database "andr6873_autodirectordb" exists and can be accessed by "andr6873_mick@localhost" with the password "andr6873_fun311".

If they are correct, your version of PHP may be incompatible with the user security in your MySQL installation. To fix the problem, try the following MySQL command:

SET PASSWORD FOR 'andr6873_mick'@'localhost' = OLD_PASSWORD('andr6873_fun311');

Ive been onto myphp admin, and the database is definately there. It does however say there are no tables found in the database .. Please help??
Administrator
Sorry to hear you're having problems, Andy.

Essentially, PHP cannot connect to your database. Have you definitely created a MySQL user ID and password for that database which uses those credentials? Few hosts append the account ID to the password - I suspect yours is 'fun311' rather than 'andr6873_fun311'.

If the ID and password are correct, check that 'localhost' can be used as the database server name. Most hosts support that, but some use other names or IP addresses.

If all else fails, we offer an installation service when you purchase a license.

I hope that helps.
that made sense thanks.. One last thing, It seems I have a permissions problem, that I cant sort out as when populating the database I was returned with.........

Connecting to database "andr6873_autodirectordb" on "localhost" ... success.

Dropping existing "users" table ... success.

Creating the "users" table ... success.

Creating the "[email protected]" with password "super" in the "users" table ... success.

Dropping existing "sites" table ... success.

Creating the "sites" table ... success.

Adding "example" site to "sites" table ... success.

Dropping existing "example" table ... success.

Creating the "example" table ... success.

Adding vehicles to the "example" table: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Selecting all vehicles in "example" table ... 15 vehicles returned ... success.

Updating vehicle in "example" table ... 1 row updated ... success.

Deleting vehicle 15 from "example" table ... 1 row deleted ... success.

Setting read/write permissions on DATAFOLDER (data/) ... FAILED. It may be necessary to chmod this directory (and possibly all its sub-directories) to 755 if futher errors are encountered below.

Generating data files for "example" site ... FAILED. The following errors were reported:
Your vehicle list could not be saved to data/example/vehicles.js.
Please try again or contact your administrator if this error continues to occur.

Checking if file uploads are permitted ... success.

Checking if PHP GD extension is loaded ... success.

Checking email - sending message to andy@
Administrator
The problem is that AutoDirector/PHP cannot create or modify files within the 'data' folder (and all sub-folders). Your FTP application and/or control panel should offer options to change the file permissions to 755 or possibly 777.

If the setup still won't run, ask your webhost how you can allow PHP to write files. They may have it locked down and must manually change the settings.

Page: 1