AutoDirector forum

The AutoDirector support and advice forum

Question refering to car images

Page: 1

Author Post
Hi we want to integrate this system into our template but require for each car 4 thumbnails and one big image. Is it possible to easily change the size of the thumbnails (as they need to be a little bigger than your example if poss) and is it possible to have a larger image?

I hope that all makes sense!

Hope you can help

Regards
Administrator
Hi Indie,

Images can be any size you like - you set the dimensions in the site settings.

You could have a single large image, but it can't be done by the standard application. A little custom development is required and that would cost far more. Contact us directly if you're interested.

Has anyone else adapted a showroom like Indie describes?
Thanks Craig, let me get back to my client and see how they would like to move forward and I will get back to you.
It could be done with a little jquery I think ?? something like ..

<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function(){
$('ol#autodirector_pics a img').addClass(function(){
return 'listitem_' + $(this).index();
});
});
</script>

this will add a class after every ol#autodirector_pics a img called listitem_1,2,3....
than add listitem_1,2,3 css into the css file with a larger width/height for listitem_1 than for 2,3,4.

set the thumbnail size in autodirector to the size for listitem_1 and hey presto.

I don't think that is exactly right - but its close....
Administrator
Thanks Snizbit. I think your solution is possible, although I suspect Indie would want a single full-size high-resolution version of one image, so it'd be necessary to inject it into the DOM.

Ultimately, I think it's probably best to create a new carlist.js which implements the functionality ... it's a little too different to the standard image pop-up.
Thanks everyone! Basically I'm not the tekky on this project but I'm trying to make life as easy as possible for the client, I probably shouldn't show anyone this at this point but as your all being so helpful this is the design http://domain2719838.sites.fasthosts.com/ use the BMW link to see how the site will sort of play out! Craig, I have emailed you/your sales guys for a quote for inserting the code into this template as the client is keen to get up and running obviously so I am waiting on a quote and I'll also throw it over to the tekkys see if they can figure out how to do it but look forward to hearing from you guys in due course.
Im just a happy buyer of the software, but as a tekky, I have chosen to hand code sections of the front end (the web site) by extracting the data from the database. The backend (Craigs bit) is excellent at managing the car stock for the car sales men. The front end is easy to use and perfectly capable, and can be amended to look quiet different, but if you want something different you need to code it yourself.

I don't see a reason why what you have done on the BMW isn't possible, as clearly your techs have the some ability to code. What you need is a developer with competent knowledge of PHP and MySQL.

Page: 1