AutoDirector forum

The AutoDirector support and advice forum

pics opening painfully slow

Page: 1

Author Post
Hi,
When I drill down to individual vehicles, the pics are taking an age to reveal, any ideas?, I have a dummy site here http://www.futurelit.com/stocklist.html
Administrator
I've tried it in IE8 and it seems fine. Although it's not working correctly in Firefox (see question 6 in the troubleshooting guide).

Which browser are you using? Your bandwidth and PC speed will also have an effect on the image loading.
using IE8, bandwidth ok, and pc is fine? strange.
Administrator
Try closing all other pages, clearing your browser cache and restarting IE.

Changing the DOCTYPE may also help.
cleared out everything, changed DOCTYPE, just the same, looked at another couple of sites using autodirector, they are working fine, any more ideas of solutions to this? thanks
Administrator
It could just be that your web host is being slow? But it appears to be fine when I test it.

As a thought, check your browser's cache size. IE > Tools > Internet Options > General tab > Browsing History "Settings" button. Check that the disk space is no more than 50MB.
But if it was a slow server then everyone would get the same feed, there is something I'm missing but can't put my finger on it, cache is fine btw. If you think of anything maybe you;ll let me know.
Rgds
allan
Administrator
Perhaps you have an IE add-on that's causing problems? Try your showroom on another machine. Also, install another browser and test in that.
Hi, I think an element in my site was causing the prob, I removed it and its seems to be ok now..except.. I cannot log in anymore with any of the log ins I created even the last one with the system generated password, it just displays "The user ID and/or password you entered is not authorised to use this system. Please try again."
I can log in using [email protected] but cannot access the 2 sites I created, they are still live as I can see them both online and in file on server..? :(
Administrator
It sounds as though your database has been reset. Did you run setup.php again? It shows a big red warning that all existing data will be removed.

I suspect the data is still cached and that's why you can view your showrooms. The best solution will be to copy/paste the information back into a new showroom.
Purchased..woohoo, but, I'm afraid there seems to be another wee issue I cannot figure out, when opening the thumbnails on the vehicle specifics page the image is opening behind the text, any ideas?
http://www.futurelit.com/stocklist.html The doctype is ok.
Al
Administrator
That page uses a transitional DOCTYPE and there's a whole load of auto-generated code that's almost certain to cause problems. See #6 of the troubleshooting guide.

Page: 1