AutoDirector forum

The AutoDirector support and advice forum

Password and Username Not accepted

Page: 1

Author Post
I have successfully purchased and upgraded Auto Director. I have also changed the username and password on the autodirector.ini file to my clients details.

However, when I put the details in they are not accepted. Please can you help?

Thanks
Administrator
If you leave the password field blank, AutoDirector will email you a reminder.
I'd also suggest clearing your browser cookies, or using a different browser.
I hope that helps.
It's still not working. I have checked and double checked the autodirector.ini file and made sure that MYSQLDBUSER and MYSQLDBPASS are the same as I am putting into the log in page, but still it is being rejected.

Any other ideas?

Thanks
Administrator
Mmm, that is strange. As a thought, try running upgrade.php - that should tell you if the database is failing.
The upgrade has been successful.

However, when I put the username in on the Autodirector log in name, it rejects me because it wants an email address.

The problem is that when I add a new user for the Mysql database, it does not give me enough characters to have the actual email address as the username.

Hope you can help
Thanks
Administrator
AutoDirector does use an email address for the login. The database gives 100 characters for it - that should be enough?

Are you editing the DB directly? Have you changed the login ID to a non-email? That will be the cause of the login problem - the code is rejecting the login because it's not an email, even though it matches the DB.

Page: 1