AutoDirector forum

The AutoDirector support and advice forum

Search Menu

Page: 1

Author Post
Hey Guys,

I set up AutoDirector a few days ago and im currently preparing a website for my client. I have found the service really useful and extremely easy to create a showroom, my only issue is when you are searching for a vehicle.

I am wanting a search form on every page of the website where users can select a make and model of a vehicle and can then be directed to the main "used cars" page which will show the results. Is this at all possible?

Thanks
Administrator
Hi there and welcome to the forum.

A search form on every page is possible. Log into AutoDirector, and click the "integration options" icon for a site. Toward the bottom of the page you'll see a link to "create your own search form".

I hope that helps.
Thank you for your quick response. I have seen the search bar provided when you create your own search form but is there any further coding to help with the makes and models of vehicles? im a little bit puzzled on how to go about the situation.
Administrator
The make and model filters displayed on the showroom are generated from your current stock, i.e. "Ford" is only displayed if you have at least one vehicle of that make. It would be possible to replicate that elsewhere or provide a static list of makes/models (easier to implement, but less useful).

In either case, you would need some custom development. We can quote for such work if you don't have the facilities to do it yourself - please contact our sales email with your full requirements.

Page: 1