AutoDirector forum

The AutoDirector support and advice forum

Failing on "Check Mail" - Where is php.ini?

Page: 1

Author Post
Just setting up a site on a cPanel based hosting. When running set up, I get "success" in every thing except "Check mail" which is failing and suggesting to check php.ini file or contact ISP.

I would like to look at the php.ini file before contacting my ISP but I am unable to locate the file in AutoDirector's directory. Any ideas where can this file be located? Or any suggestion on how to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance..!

PS. ISP is eUKHost
Administrator
Your php.ini file may not be accessible - it controls PHP's settings so you'll need to refer to your host's documentation.

Did you receive an email from AutoDirector? If so, it's working fine (despite the error). If not, you need to ask eUKHost to permit PHP applications to send emails.
Thanks Craig for a quick response!!

I am not receving any emails so suspect that eukhost is not allowing PHP apps to send emails.

I have drop them a line and will let you know if it fixes the issue.
Received a reply from eUKhost and they don't allow PHPmail function on shared hosting due to heavy spamming which end up affecting the bandwidth and performance of shared servers. They are advising to amend the script and use SMTP authentication. They did gave me some sample scripts, which by the look of, seems difficult to integrate them in Autodirector - may be because I am not a web developer. :)

Now the question I have is how to find the password of newly created user as emails are not being sent out ?

Thanks..!
Administrator
They don't allow it? That's a very crude restriction - most ISPs either limit or monitor usage to ensure spamming is prevented. Sending by SMTP probably means they want you to use another host's servers.

You have three options:

1. Either manually edit the database 'user' table to change passwords,

2. Pay for someone to implement SMTP email sending and set up a server accordingly, or

3. Use a better host. I can recommend Dathorn, but there are plenty of reasonable and even free web hosts.

I suspect option 3 will be the cheapest and easiest option.
I know. I was quite surprised and appalled on their response. Its some work which I am doing for friend and he already had this hosting package for his emails and stuff. I do agree that getting another host to run autodirector will be cheapest and quickest option.

Thanks for all your support!

Page: 1