AutoDirector forum

The AutoDirector support and advice forum

vehicles show

Page: 1

Author Post
At the moment I have the choice of showing 5 10 or 25 cars with 5 as the default. Can I change this?

many thanks
Administrator
Absolutely. You simply add a pagesizes argument to the end of the AutoDirector <script> line, e.g.

<div id="autodirector"></div>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://mysite.com/carlist.php?site=mysite&amp;style=blue&amp;pagesizes=2,8,16"></script>

Full instructions are available in the control panel. From the 'sites' screen, click the integration options icon, then choose "set the page sizes" under advanced integration.
Thanks for that. Just one more thing, Is it possible to have the vehicles listed by date added so the latest additions are at the top?
this may not be ideal, and it involves hacking the code in clients/carlist.js

look for the section like this -

// sort by highest first
sortTypes[st++] = { name: "price, highest first", sort: function(a, b) { return SortCars(a.price, b.price, -1); } };
sortTypes[st++] = { name: "price, lowest first", sort: function(a, b) { return SortCars(a.price, b.price, 1); } };

I GUESS changing it to this would work

// sort by highest first
sortTypes[st++] = { name: "newest first", sort: function(a, b) { return SortCars(a.lastupdate, b.lastupdate, -1); } };
sortTypes[st++] = { name: "oldest first", sort: function(a, b) { return SortCars(a.lastupdate, b.lastupdate, 1); } };
Administrator
Thanks Snizbit. That's almost correct, but ".lastupdate" should be ".id", e.g.

// sort by highest first
sortTypes[st++] = { name: "newest first", sort: function(a, b) { return SortCars(a.id, b.id, -1); } };
sortTypes[st++] = { name: "oldest first", sort: function(a, b) { return SortCars(a.id, b.id, 1); } };

This will return the cars by date they were added. Editing a vehicle won't put it at the top of the list I'm afraid.
It works! Thanks.

Page: 1