AutoDirector forum

The AutoDirector support and advice forum

website integration

Page: 1

Author Post
I have installed the trial version to my web hosting account and I am connecting to the database and can work in the back end ok but I have a problem. When I go to get the code to place in html page which shows up fine except the example showroom is missing and when I placed the code in the html page it does not display the showroom either. I had it working great on my local server but when I put it up on the remote server I have no showroom. I want to purchase this software but I can't until my client approves the website and so any help you could offer would be great. I like the software and I am planning on using it with some other clients but I need to get their ok on this. I can supply you with the url of the site as well as login info if this would help.
I found the problem. I had to upgrade my hosting to get rid of scripts they were running as banner ads and it interfered with the autodirector script. Thanks and I will be in touch.
Administrator
Thanks for sharing that TomGW. Do you happen to know what the banner ads were doing and how they conflicted? It shouldn't really happen, but it is possible for JS variables to overwrite each other.
They had javascript at the head and footer of the page with their free hosting plan. When they removed the banners the autodirector started working again. Honestly I don't know the nature of why this is but doesn't javascript process the first script only in the head section or did I just hear that somewhere?

I purchased the software online today and I am still waiting for a license key in my mailbox. Have a great day!
Administrator
Thanks Tom.

I suspect the advert JavaScript either changed some of AutoDirector's variables or it contained an error which stopped all subsequent scripts on the page (the most likely cause - AutoDirector initializes after the page has fully loaded, so it would be the last to run).

Out of interest, there are several free hosts that don't demand adverts or change your pages. A quick search on Google will find something.

Your licence key has been sent. Thank you for purchasing AutoDirector - I hope you find it useful and profitable.

Page: 1