AutoDirector forum

The AutoDirector support and advice forum

Adding a new Currency

Page: 1

Author Post
I was hoping somebody could tell me how to add another currency, I have managed to get the new currency option on the site setup screen but I cannot seem to get the car price to pick up the new currency. Thanks in advance Phil
Administrator
Hi Phil. If you require US Dollars, UK pounds or the Euro, it should be a matter of setting the correct currency in the site setup screen and everything will be configured for you.

Do you require a different currency?
Hi Craig thanks for your reply, I should have said that it is a different currency I require from the standard ones, I need to add TZS. Thanks Phil
Administrator
In that case, please see the section "Using a different currency" on this topic page:
http://www.autodirector.co.uk/forum/topic-41.html

I hope that helps.
Thanks Craig, this works but if I wanted to make the 4th currency available on only one site ie, make it selectable from the site set up is this possible. I have amended the siteadmin.php file to add the currency to the list but only want one site to view prices in TZS. Thanks again Phil
Administrator
The fix I mentioned above will force every showroom to use TZS.

If you wanted to add TZS as a new custom currency, it would be possible, but you'd need to change all the files where the locale is referenced. The NumberFormat() function in carlist.js is especially important.

Page: 1