AutoDirector forum

The AutoDirector support and advice forum

Installation - 2 issues

Page: 1

Author Post
FIRST ISSUE:
I just installed AutoDirector 1.8 (30 day trial) and when I click "continue setup" on the setup.php page, I get only one error:

Setting read/write permissions on DATAFOLDER (/var/www/vhosts/firinglinedesign.com/httpdocs/autodirector/data/) ... FAILED. It may be necessary to chmod this directory (and possibly all its sub-directories) to 755 if futher errors are encountered below.

I have manually changed the permissions on that data directory and the example directory within it, both to 755. But when I run setup again, I get the same error.

2ND ISSUE
Ignoring the first issue, when I go to http://firinglinedesign.com/autodirector/index.php to login with UN super@user.account and PW super, I'm taken to a page (siteadmin.php) that I can barely read - dark blue links on a black background. It looks nothing like the screen shots on the site. When I click the "Create a new site" button, nothing happens. When I hover over the dark blue links in the black box, they say, "site administration is blocked" and "user administration is blocked." I can't seem to do much from this siteadmin.php page.

If you could help, I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks,
Scott
Administrator
Hello Scott,

The first problem (installation) may not be an issue. AutoDirector will attempt to change its folder permissions so it can write files. However, some ISPs will block that action, so you may need to do it yourself. In general, you probably won't need to do anything and AutoDirector will work.

The second issue sounds a little strange. Check that all the files have been uploaded - FTP applications can sometimes miss files. Also check that they have been uploaded in the appropriate ASCII or BINARY format. If all the files are fine, let us know which browser you are using. Do you have any ad-blocking software installed that could be blocking essential files?

I hope that helps. If not, we do offer an installation service - contact us for further details.

Craig
Craig wrote
The second issue sounds a little strange. Check that all the files have been uploaded - FTP applications can sometimes miss files. Also check that they have been uploaded in the appropriate ASCII or BINARY format. If all the files are fine, let us know which browser you are using.

Thanks for your reply, Craig. I did not see any instructions on which files needed to be uploaded in ASCII and which in BINARY, so that could be the problem. Is there some guideline on which should be uploaded in which mode? I did everything in AUTO in CuteFTP Pro. So that could be the issue.

Thanks again for your reply.

Scott
Administrator
Hi Scott,

All files should be ASCII apart from .GIF and .JPG images. CuteFTP should work, but check that the autodirector.ini and .htaccess files have been uploaded in ASCII.

Hope that helps.
Craig

Page: 1